Stable Cottage, Nr Looe, Nr LooeCottage in Cornwall
Beautifully restored and furnished cottage set amongst stunning Cornish countryside
Stable Cottage, Nr Looe
- Games Room
- Internet Access
- Swimming Pool
- Enclosed Garden
- Log Burner
Stable Cottage used to be the old carthouse and stables at Treworgey Farm. The Farm has 150 acres to explore and stunning views over the Looe Valley. There are a number of holiday cottages which have been renovated and furnished to a very high standard, Visit England have awarded the cottages a 5 star gold rating.
Treworgey Farm has a vast array of facilities for you to enjoy during your stay including a heated outdoor swimming pool, information room (complete with Wi Fi and guest computer), riding stables, tennis courts, playground and even catering services to save you having to lift a finger on your holiday.
Stable Cottage is set away down a track from the main farm and has chocolate box charm whilst enjoying views over the patchwork fields.
Downstairs offers open plan accommodation of:
- Sitting Room - with loose covered sofa and armchair, leather arm chair, log burner, freeview TV, DVD and CD player.
- Kitchen - is fully-equipped and has a beautiful old pine dresser and under-floor heating.
- Master Bedroom - is a romantic room with king size brass bed and the lovely view up the valley.
- Single Room - Is a pretty room which can take a cot or a 145cm/4’9” bed for a small child.
- Bathroom - Is a cosy room with beams, WC and bath with a shower over.
French doors in the sitting room lead out to the large level garden where there are stunning views across the farmland.
There is an outdoor swimming pool on the farm which is open and heated during the summer months. There are sun loungers and tables beside the pool from which you can enjoy the stunning views. There is also a paddling pool and playpen for younger children and ice cream available from the honesty-box freezer.
There are two playrooms on site with a selection of toys and table tennis as well as an indoor sandy area which is ideal for when the weather is bad as you can still play volleyball or badminton or younger members of the family can use it as a giant sand pit using our buckets and spades. Finally for the children there is an outdoor playground with a climbing frame, swing, slide and ropes, sandpit and a Wendy House.
On the farm there is an all-weather hard surfaced Tennis court with beautiful views. You can borrow rackets and balls from the Information Room.
All the cottages on site have Wi-Fi access but there is also communal Internet access using the guest computer in the Information Room but please note that the connection operates at rural speeds.
Nearby Points of Interest
Looe is a quaint Cornish fishing town 3 miles from Treworgey. Here there are a number of well frequented restaurants, a range of independent shops, fresh fish stalls, beaches, as well as boats for hire.
Polperro is 6 miles away and is another Cornish fishing village, the views of the village when approaching via the National Trust coastal footpath are stunning.
Fowey is a popular tourist town 8 miles away from the Farm. The town is classically Cornish with its harbour, winding streets, many restaurants and independent shops.
The ever popular Eden Project is 30 - 40 minutes drive from the Farm and makes for an excellent day out.
There are also many popular stately homes and gardens within a short driving distance of Treworgey including the Lost Gardens of Helligan (45 mins), Lanhydrock (25 Mins) and Cotehele (45 mins).
There are numerous walks on your cottage doorstep around the 150 acres of the Farm through open rolling farm and woodland.
The South West Coast Path is a short distance away giving you easy access to many beaches, coves and river walks.
Further walking and outdoor pursuits can also be found on Bodmin Moor which is under an hour’s drive from Treworgey Farm.
The indoor swimming pool at Liskeard (15 minutes) has been popular with our guests during the winter months when our swimming pool is closed.
There is a licensed riding stables at Treworgey which is open to our guests, lessons can be arranged in our all weather school each weekday morning. Both beginners and more experienced riders are welcome.
We pride ourselves on catering for pet friendly holidays not just for dogs but also cats, tortoise, rabbits and even ponies.
We aim to make our cottages as pet friendly as we can by putting throws on all sofas and arm chairs.
You are free to explore the farmland but as the farm is a working farm we do ask that you close all gates behind you and keep dogs on leads around any livestock. We do ensure that at least one field is always empty so that guests can exercise their dogs freely.
We also ask that dogs are not left alone in our cottages as they can become distressed in unfamiliar surroundings.
The Information Room is open to everyone staying at Treworgey and various facilities and items are available to guests such as DVDs, board games, sports equipment, tourist information, computer and internet (with rural connection speeds).
Local produce such as jams, chutneys, meat and vegetables is available for purchase in the Information Room through our honesty box system. We can also arrange for a vegetable or meat box to be delivered for your stay.
Coombe Kitchen a catering company is based on the farm and will deliver home-cooked meals and afternoon tea to your cottage door, the ultimate luxury.
Prices include heating and electricity, all linen and towels, logs and a welcome tray. We charge £21 per dog due to the additional cleaning costs as we give the houses an extra deep clean after pets have stayed.
We request half the rental charge at the time of booking, unless your holiday date is more than 6 months away. The remaining balance is then due 6 weeks before your holiday.
Short breaks are available during spring, autumn and winter.
Discounts are available for couples out of season
Changeover day: Saturday
- 05 Jan 2013 - 19 Jan 2013 £419 Minimum stay 7 nights
- 19 Jan 2013 - 26 Jan 2013 £446 Minimum stay 7 nights
- 26 Jan 2013 - 02 Feb 2013 £470 Minimum stay 7 nights
- 02 Feb 2013 - 09 Feb 2013 £535 Minimum stay 7 nights
- 09 Feb 2013 - 16 Feb 2013 £538 Minimum stay 7 nights
- 16 Feb 2013 - 23 Feb 2013 £647 Minimum stay 7 nights
- 23 Feb 2013 - 02 Mar 2013 £515 Minimum stay 7 nights
- 02 Mar 2013 - 09 Mar 2013 £519 Minimum stay 7 nights
- 09 Mar 2013 - 16 Mar 2013 £528 Minimum stay 7 nights
- 16 Mar 2013 - 23 Mar 2013 £562 Minimum stay 7 nights
- 23 Mar 2013 - 30 Mar 2013 £639 Minimum stay 7 nights
- 30 Mar 2013 - 06 Apr 2013 £876 Minimum stay 7 nights
- 06 Apr 2013 - 13 Apr 2013 £942 Minimum stay 7 nights
- 13 Apr 2013 - 20 Apr 2013 £790 Minimum stay 7 nights
- 20 Apr 2013 - 27 Apr 2013 £807 Minimum stay 7 nights
- 27 Apr 2013 - 04 May 2013 £845 Minimum stay 7 nights
- 04 May 2013 - 11 May 2013 £826 Minimum stay 7 nights
- 11 May 2013 - 18 May 2013 £846 Minimum stay 7 nights
- 18 May 2013 - 25 May 2013 £916 Minimum stay 7 nights
- 25 May 2013 - 01 Jun 2013 £1217 Minimum stay 7 nights
- 01 Jun 2013 - 08 Jun 2013 £987 Minimum stay 7 nights
- 08 Jun 2013 - 15 Jun 2013 £1051 Minimum stay 7 nights
- 15 Jun 2013 - 22 Jun 2013 £1072 Minimum stay 7 nights
- 22 Jun 2013 - 29 Jun 2013 £1143 Minimum stay 7 nights
- 29 Jun 2013 - 06 Jul 2013 £1264 Minimum stay 7 nights
- 06 Jul 2013 - 13 Jul 2013 £1321 Minimum stay 7 nights
- 13 Jul 2013 - 24 Aug 2013 £1527 Minimum stay 7 nights
- 24 Aug 2013 - 31 Aug 2013 £1405 Minimum stay 7 nights
- 31 Aug 2013 - 07 Sep 2013 £939 Minimum stay 7 nights
- 07 Sep 2013 - 14 Sep 2013 £877 Minimum stay 7 nights
- 14 Sep 2013 - 21 Sep 2013 £706 Minimum stay 7 nights
- 21 Sep 2013 - 28 Sep 2013 £641 Minimum stay 7 nights
- 28 Sep 2013 - 05 Oct 2013 £600 Minimum stay 7 nights
- 05 Oct 2013 - 12 Oct 2013 £562 Minimum stay 7 nights
- 12 Oct 2013 - 19 Oct 2013 £537 Minimum stay 7 nights
- 19 Oct 2013 - 26 Oct 2013 £614 Minimum stay 7 nights
- 26 Oct 2013 - 02 Nov 2013 £781 Minimum stay 7 nights
- 02 Nov 2013 - 14 Dec 2013 £440 Minimum stay 7 nights